Monday, February 9, 2009

HELP! i need somebody, HELP! Not just anybody!


doesn't look that good. but it was SLAMMIN.
seriously you need to try it..

heres the dealio:
-1/2 cup pumpkin on the bottom heated up for 15 seconds in the micro with some craisins, cinnamon & a dassh (or two) of salt
-then i made an omlette with 3/4 cup of egg beaters
-added corn & black beans & orange bell pepper
placed it oh so delicately over the warm pumpkin, added a bit more salt, some cumin & garlic powder
(really just add whatever you desire)

really really good.



side salad with red cabbage (which i'm addicted to.)




RISE AND SHINE.
i tried overnight oats.. they didn't taste any different teheheh
1 packet mccann's maple brown sugah oatmeal
1/4 cup choco unsweetened almond breeze
1/2 cup pumpkin
a plethora of berries & a naner
cinnamon, syrup!
notice the spoon, the final remnants of dark choco dreams :(
& better 'n pb<3 mi true love.






okay so heres where the necessary help comes in.
for snack at school i have a huge orange
then for lunch i had a tossed salad added some strawberries, balsamic chicken and leftover corn & beans from last night
with an apple on the side.


well. i dont know if it's my metabolism but i was still hungry after!
i waited until the end of school & about 30 minutes into my track warm up i had to go HOME i was so hungry!!!! i couldn't finish the warmup!





when i got home i dug into berries, cottage cheese & choco sauce....





followed up with a hugeee salad loaded with protein! (chicken, beans, corn. etc)




please please please ANY advice you can give me
i have a nutritionist and am following her meal plan but honestly its so frustrating
i feel like i'm never "full" after any of my meals and just keep picking..
but because i pick i gain more weight then necessary then i tell myself in my mind that i'm running track so it should be okay,
gah. i hate ed, he's still around sometimes but not so much.. i'm still obviously conscious of what i eat & how i look .
i just don't know what to do!
why am i not getting full?
how do i know when i'm *comfortably satisfied* and not stuffed!!
anyone?
R.D.'s?
R.D.'s in training?
recovered peeps?
peeps IN recovery?
peeps?
dogs?
santa??


6 comments:

tinyirishdancer said...

Hmm, your fat intake looks a little low - I'll tell you that. Though ED will love to tell you that all fat is evil, it's actually essential for making you feel satiated. Try having more nut butters, olive oils, etc (unsaturated fats are great, but any fats at this point are okay) Try to shoot for some with every meal/snack.

Honestly, because you are running track, you may not be eating enough calories. When I was doing cross country training, I ate 3000+ a day just to maintain. Sounds like a lot, but remember that it's not just the exercise itself that's burning calories. When you run, you build muscle, and muscle burns more calories than fat. So you'll need to eat more all around.

That said, your eats look nummy =]

Anonymous said...

I know that fruit alone never fills me up so maybe instead of an orange for a snack have something more substantial? I agree with the above commenter that maybe you should make sure you're eating enough to keep up with how much you're burning off through track? Good luck, girl!

Yummy cottage cheese combo :)

Sharon said...

Yes, like others have said, since you are doing track, maybe eat more to compensate for it.

Anonymous said...

Hey lil mama! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and enjoying it! My recommendation for your A) hunger: I'm not sure what your food rules or whatnot are, but I would try to add another grain, either with lunch or an additional snack. You're probably burnin through that food supah quickly!..for your B)future journalism career- will you be majoring in journalism? if so, you'll probably get to choose a specialization, like I have ( I clearly chose magazine). I've written for my school newspaper for about a year, and though it's not magazine writing, it's the fastest way to get clips (writing samples), which is what employers are going to want to see. If you have more Qs ALWAYS feel free to ask me :)

Kiki said...

Help me if you can I'm feeling doooown. But I do appreciate your comin' rooound!

Yep, I used to have problems with this too. I gained weight on 3300 cals and was still hungry as a wolf all the time! Like others have said, your metabolism most likely has sped up because of track, so it needs more food! Also, you're a bit low on fats and carbs. You eat lots of fruit, veg, and protein, which is good. But you probably won't feel satisfied without the fiber from carb-y stuff or fat. Next time you feel hungry try having some toast with peanut butter, or nuts with a granola bar.

Amazing food today! I want that omelet! Fly to Maryland and make it for me. Much love!

tinyirishdancer said...

Haha! GO TAKE A SHOWER. NOW.
=D

But anyhow. I work at a little dog boutique in Willow Glen (an area in San Jose, where I live). Yes, I dress up dogs for money...Don't make fun!

Ahh, sugary cereals. I limited myself to bran and corn flakes for so long, it's great to have some variety again!

Yes, cross country is hardcore. I don't really miss it, though...Running on my own is more my style.

Take care, girlie =]